Friday, December 5, 2008

Some non-poker ramblings

If you are only here for my sub-par poker performance and review this post sadly isn't for you.
I haven't been playing much poker recently due to other commitments and quite frankly not having the passion to play unfortunately. From a very young age I have always been confident in the fact that I will be successful at something, what that something is, to this day I am unsure. I feel that my people skills are extremely good and that my mood can very much be infectious to those around me, I have used these things to my advantage on numerous occasions. The problem comes is where I am unsure what I can do to take advantage of my natural skills, and deciding what would be the best thing for me personally. Many people have said things to me like "you definitely have the power in yourself to make yourself rich, if you wanted it" Well I want it and I'm not rich, that is for sure! I am never sure what they mean, is it a complement on my being and overall aura or is it an insult at my laziness/procrastination? At the current moment in time I am happy studying Civil Engineering and can half see a career in it, but will it make the most of my assets or give me the financial satisfaction I could attain elsewhere? Obviously I am still at an age where my next career may not be my last, in fact its rather unlikely that it is.

I am most definitely not the type of person that believes that money = happiness, but having money definitely helps life run more smoothly. In life I would like to be able to do what I like not have money as a restriction, I am sure many others are of the same thinking, and most will never achieve it. I don't want to be part of that group, I was never one of the many, but a leader of the few. There are things I would like to do, things that everyone dreams of, like being a high stakes poker player funding my life off the next poker bozo that comes along, or be a pop star, I have a good voice and I am able to entertain people singing, but I feel getting a record deal is a step to far.

I recently have decided to cut out shit things in my life that I can go without, lets be honest life is hard enough these days without outside situations/people making more shit. I have basiclly decided to cut a person in my family out of my life because I felt some extra shit previously and at the centre of it was this person. Many people are saying I should talk to them again, forgive and forget you are family etc. Am I wrong to not want bad influences/energy in my life, no matter who the person is?

Thanks for reading, the comments feature is there, please use it :)

No comments: