Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas is coming!

As christmas was coming up I decided I had to scrape all "spare" money together to buy some people some things for christmas, so I made a few withdrawals from poker sites. Normally I wouldn't mind, but its not for me :( I am not really that selfish... honest :D
I had not realised that I had left Ultimate bet untouched with $45 in it, yes its ultimate bet & Absolute now so I am two times as likely to be cheated. But honestly I am only going to be playing small so will it really matter? I am not a fan of UB tourneys because generally the small buy ins are sats or re-buys, and I'm not generally a fan of those. So I decided that I would play cash with my little find, not FR, or 6-max but heads up! Yes on CEREUS the cereal killer of online poker there are NL 10 HU games. I have a massive 4.5 buy-ins behind me what could posibly go wrong. I mean I never really knew the money was there in the first place, FREEROLLLLLLL HOLLA!
Taking a kind of challange approach(but not really as I am not setting any timeframe to this whatsoever) I will obviously just step up to the next level when I have 15 buyins, and back down when I hit 10. These rules may change, I may wish to make the move up number 20 buyins, I was also considering forcing myself to play 10K hands at each level, which isn't actually that much HU IMO so I think it would be a good move.
I should really be playing something silly like 0.1/0.2 HU but I can't see that being a great game. I bet NL 10 will even have its moments. Hopefully I will remember to come on and blog now and again.
The main thing about this is that I don't really know how to play HU cash, so I am going to be learning as I go so any help from my readers would be great. I will probably post hands on some forums and post feedback on here if it is useful so maybe we can all learn something.

So far I have played circa. 400 hands and I am up woohoo! Bankroll currently sitting at $69.89.
I had a look at my Holdem manager and my bb/100 was something crazy like 69, if only it worked out that way all the time. I may come back later with a few hands, but more likely I am going to fire up a table instead. GL

No comments: