Thursday, March 10, 2011

Virus almost had me!

Today I fired up the laptop with the intention to play in that same Happy Hour that I had done yesterday, then my virus software revealed a rootkit, had to restart and it scanned, took ages. I was on tilt! I was angered that it had stolen my Happy hour, I ended up going downstairs and playing World Championship Snooker on my Xbox 360 and listened to the end of the TwoPlusTwo Pokercast that I had started yesterday. After beating Shaun Murphy in a couple frames and a couple randoms in qualifiers to Wembley I had calmed down. I ended up catching the last 10 minutes of the morning Happy Hour, I only played the best part of an hour, but the tables seemed fairly juicy, well I would say that after my introduction. It wasn't my first hand, but it was the first on one of my tables:


Full Tilt Poker $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1224581
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $0.91
Hero (SB): $2.00
BB: $2.47
UTG: $1.93
UTG+1: $0.77
MP1: $1.61
MP2: $6.38
CO: $2.49

Pre Flop: ($0.02) Hero is SB with A of hearts A of diamonds
1 fold, UTG raises to $0.04, 4 folds, BTN calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.18, UTG calls $0.14, BTN calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.54) 5 of diamonds A of spades Q of spades (3 players)
Hero bets $0.35, UTG calls $0.35, BTN raises to $0.73, Hero raises to $1.82, UTG calls $1.40 all in

Turn: ($4.77) 5 of hearts (3 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($4.77) 3 of clubs (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $4.77
BTN shows 9 of clubs Q of diamonds
Hero shows A of hearts A of diamonds
UTG shows K of hearts J of clubs
Hero wins $1.91
Hero wins $2.55
(Rake: $0.31)


I expected at least one flush draw! But to be up against the straight draw and 2nd pair, I was over the moon. Anyway, that's me $0.26 short of covering my losses from the start of the year, infact, with rakeback I am positive, hopefully now the only way is up!

4 comments:

X said...

Nice work Hutchy... the only way is up from here, so good luck in March :=)

Hutchy said...

Haha, yeah I hope so. I have been bobbing up and down a little recently, would like to head towards the $100 mark instead of being in the $80 range. I'll keep working away!

P.S Your comments don't go directly on my posts, I have to publish them, I was getting a lot of spam comments so I turned moderation on.

Anonymous said...

You still alive Hutchy?

Hutchy said...

Yeah, I'm alive mate, had a wee break, only just got back into it. It's been horrific, will post something soon, maybe wait til the end of the month!