Monday, November 20, 2006

Takesport Freeroll

The $1500 Takesport freeroll on PNL was my main game for Monday, and too be honest I wasn't really expecting to cash, which maybe had me beat. I was playing a pretty tight game, was comfortable for the most part. In the early stages I was dealt rockets, only managed to pick up 250 chips or so, which wasn't great. I probably only played five hands in total. The Blinds were at 75/150(and were about to be raised) I had around 1800, which equates to around 12 big blinds, was dealt 1010 in the BB, the action was folded round to small blind who had been playing a lot of hands, he raised around 3 X the BB, so I pushed all-in, expecting a fold. The player turned over 22 so I was a 82% favorite to win the hand, and nothing came on the flop, and yes the next card brought a 2, last card never brought my 10. That was me out in 191st place. My initial goal was to survive the hour to the break, I had missed that by a matter of minutes. It was a freeroll so I never lost anything, but I felt I had gained a little kick in the teeth.

I was also playing in a 5cent 10 cent cash game on Tony G poker, I had thrown away my chips(mostlikely because of the way I had exited the tourny a short while before hand) I was down to 20 cents, looked rather desperate. I was amazed, within 45 minutes I had built that 20 cents up to over $11. Yes, I know its not really dizzy heights , but I am builoding my bankroll as well as learning how to play cash games. And lets be honest from 20 cents to $11 is some jump considering.

Tonight brings another freeroll for me the $150 Ukpokerinfo Freeroll, not as much money in this one, but it is one tourny I definatly want to win!

No comments: