Saturday, November 25, 2006

Challange Update

I havent been able to play much, I was down a few dollars the other day from the cash games so I stopped playing.

Today has been a game of two halves. i sat down at the 0.05/0.10 cash game with $5, lost it within fifteen minutes. to be fair I don't think I did too much wrong, probably a few too many loose preflop calls which got me into trouble. Instead of re-buying I decided to try my hand in some tournys. Firstly i sat down in the $3 Speed tournament with 5 players, wasn't a big one but i managed to win it for $10.50. I played pretty simple poker, the main moment was when i had caught the nut flush against my opponents straight, I took most of his chips and never looked back.

I then decided to chance my arm at the $2.50 $50 Guarenteed tourny(16 runners). I had been chip lead for most of the tournament, got down to the bubble plus one. I then stupidly threw away chips on a reverse of earlier(Straight Vs. Flush) I guess its got to happen. At this point I was really nervous about bubbling, I managed to coast past the bubble but was short stacked. I was dealt QQ and raised 4 times the big blind and the other short stack pushed all in so i called. He turned over AQ and then proceded to catch the straight, not the nicest way to go out but i picked up $10, still cant help but think it could/should have been $25.


The most recent tournament I played was a $1 HU with a compatriot from www.ukpokerinfo.co.uk Chewymoose, was a good heads up comp, very backwards and forward. if im being honest I got lucky a couple times and managed to pick up the win.

I may take part in the $3 speed tourny coming up, hopefully CM doesnt get his revenge

Current balance: $82.11

No comments: