Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Little spraff

What's going on?
Well, I have started playing some NLHE cash again, its quite fun, but I had a small blow-out, just one buy-in, but I REALLY hate when these happen. I would like to understand why, my first guess would be boredom, not but I didn't think I was at the time. But I think I wanted to create some action, for no apparent reason I wanted to be Billy big Ballocks and make someone else fold.
There have been many famous blow outs, I think the most famous one I know of is Andy Black at the WSOP, in 1997 I think, it led him to become a buddhist. Strange move, but I imagine I would need some shocking change after that experience, especially gauging how annoyed I get when I throw away a couple bucks! I have been playing on pokeridol, a new site on the ongame network it has been pretty fun, they have some good promotions, check out by clicking the banner above.

On another point, I have started reading the naked trader, book about trading on the markets, something I have always been interested in. At the start of the book, there is a section about mindset, and a lot of it is very similar to the mindset conducive to good poker. Anyway, if you are interested, here is a link to the book on amazon.

No comments: