Thursday, January 3, 2008

Poker

Its a wonderful and frustrating game isn't it? I still wouldn't change it for the world, even when things do go horribly wrong. As I stated in my last post I have started a bankroll cash challenge type thing, boy its tough to stick too! I was running pretty bad and I did decide to play a couple tourneys to get my confidence back, which was going to plan, until I decided to re-raise a maniac all in on the bubble with TT, his AK hit on the flop and never looked back. Even though looking back it was a brave and probably the correct move, it shattered my confidence to tiny almost invisible shards. At this point I decided t stop playing for a few days, and found a copy of Risk II and attempted to take over the world. *Cue Pinky and the Brain Theme tune*

I eventually turned back to poker and began to assess the damage, the outlook was bleak. I had lost nearly 7 buy-ins with no return, yes at $5 PL THE SHAME! In the cold light of day I had made some amazingly stupid plays at the wrong time, but I did have various set over set and even a house over house situation, what made the house over house situation worse was that I held the baninizer, and lost. Not only had I lost my dignity, self-confidence, but my all important confidence in the Bani. Things did not look good. Where could I go from here? Well here it is where the most amazing thing that has ever happened. I played like a self-confessed complete and utter donkey and WON! There I was playing away and I was dealt QQ, I'll just post the history, I still laugh at how I played it, and even more-so that I won.

Bakti [Hold 'em] (0.02|0.05 Pot Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- yanne72 sitting in seat 1 with $0.88
- bvp sitting in seat 2 with $6.97 [Dealer]
- UKPP sitting in seat 3 with $6.75
- LittleMage sitting in seat 4 with $11.85
- ujoty sitting in seat 5 with $5.00
- lioz sitting in seat 6 with $1.83

UKPP posted the small blind - $0.02
LittleMage posted the big blind - $0.05
** Dealing card to UKPP: Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds
ujoty folded
lioz folded
yanne72 called - $0.05
bvp called - $0.05
UKPP raised - $0.25
LittleMage called - $0.25
yanne72 called - $0.25
bvp folded

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Diamonds, 9 of Diamonds, 8 of Spades
UKPP bet - $0.50
LittleMage raised - $2.30
yanne72 folded
UKPP called - $2.30

** Dealing the turn: 4 of Hearts
UKPP checked
LittleMage bet - $2.70
UKPP called - $2.70

** Dealing the river: 3 of Diamonds
UKPP went all-in - $1.52
LittleMage called - $1.52
UKPP shows: Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds
LittleMage mucks:
UKPP wins $13.15 from the main pot

I mean come on! What did they put me on that they could beat. And the same goes for me WTF was I thinking? I have played a little with LittleMage (no pun intended) and they are an extremely loose and aggressive player, but not even that excuses that shocker IMO. I am however glad this happened, as it has pushed me somewhat in the right direction, long may it continue!

No comments: