Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hubbles Hold'em (no limit) Freeroll

Hubbles Hold'em (no limit) Freeroll - 23/05/2006 - 18:30 BST

Yes I know it's a freeroll, many poker players don't like them. But I think they are good tournament experience, nothing like fighting your way through literally thousands of players. The aim of this tournament is to reach the top 27, which has to be said, out of 10 or even 12 thousand players can take a lot of time and energy. Thankfully this is not peak time US for poker players, only 6118 people registered. However reaching the top 27 is still tough and can take a few hours. The players who make it get a ticket to a Weekly Round 2 event, these events can be many types of poker, there is a prize pool of $1000, with generally a first prize of around $220.

I start the tourney playing quite tight, avoiding the crazy players who go all in with anything, sometimes they get lucky. I have music playing in the background, Lemar's album Time to Grow... Yes I am singing along! First level was extremely slow, played one hand, which was only because I was in BB. The Tourney had been running 22 minutes, the best hand I received A7o, I may of played it if I was in late position, but defiantly not from under the gun. Level 3 was about to begin (blinds 25/50.) I had 1605 chips, so the blinds were defiantly not troubling me, although frustration and boredom were kicking in. We were down to 3197 players, the average stack was 2893, which was defiantly the main reason I was getting frustrated, I was so far behind it and couldn't do anything about it. The second hand of the level looked interesting, got dealt pocket 10's, although before I had a say I was raised all-in preflop, had to fold. Morale was running low.

Then came a very important hand... I was dealt AQo in mid-position.
Blinds: 25/50
Hutchylad first to limp in
Bodigs calls (Mid/late-position)
SIRZIMM raises 350 to 400
Hutchylad calls
Bodigs re-raises all-in
SIRZIMM calls
Hutchylad calls

Cards come: 36K27
Hutchylad: Ace high (AhQs)
Bodigs: One Pair, Kings (5cKc)
SIRZIMM: One Pair, Eights (8c8h)


Bodigs wins
Hutchylad Knocked out in 2109th

I will admit, I completely lost my attitude and probably should not of played the hand. I had let the frustration take over my game. The fact I finished 2109th after 34 minutes and only playing 4 hands, just annoys me even more. If I had stuck to my game I would be well on my way to a Weekly Round 2 game and a shot at the $220 prize. It may be due to the sour taste left in my mouth, but i think Bodigs made a move that was incorrect. Maby the "crazy" moves is the reason why lost of players dislike freerolls. However,I live to fight another tournament, even though that was a shocker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happens the same way to me all the time.